Our annual MULTI TRIP insurance product is designed as a competitive package that covers
* All persons up to the age of 80.
* No medical screening other than for trips to Spain or any other country outside of Europe (as defined)
* Trips of up to 31 days duration.
Please note that as the age limit is 80 years, if you are 80 when you effect the insurance, cover will no longer apply once reach your 81st birthday.
UK and Continental Europe west of the Ural mountain range, including all countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea (Except, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya & Syria), the Channel Islands, the Republic of Ireland, Iceland, Madeira, The Canaries and The Azores.
Europe and all countries outside of the above but excluding the following countries - Bahamas, Belize, Bermuda, Canada, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Greenland, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, The Caribbean Islands, United States of America.
BRIEF SUMMARY OF COVER
Trip Eligibility: This insurance provides travel insurance for multiple round trips which all start and finish in the UK for which the duration of each does not exceeded 31 days.
UK Cover: The insurance covers any UK trips that have been pre booked and for which the duration exceeds 3 nights.
CANCELLATION OR CURTAILMENT up to £3,000
If you have to cancel or cut short your trip due to illness, injury, redundancy, jury service, the police requiring you to remain at or return to your home due to serious damage to your home, you are covered against loss of travel and accommodation costs.
Policy Excess £75.
For persons aged 61 to 70 years the excess is increased to £100.
For persons aged 71 to 80 years the excess is increased to £150.
See section headed Increased Excess for Pre Existing Medical Conditions for increased excesses applicable to claims arising from pre existing medical conditions.
PERSONAL ACCIDENT up to £15,000
A cash sum for accidental injury resulting in death, loss of sight, loss of limb or permanent total disablement.
No Policy Excess.
MEDICAL & OTHER EXPENSES up to £10,000,000
Including a 24 HOUR WORLDWIDE MEDICAL EMERGENCY SERVICE
(a) The cost of hospital and other emergency medical expenses incurred abroad, including additional accommodation and repatriation expenses.
Limit £250 for emergency dental treatment and £5,000 burial/cremation/transfer of remains. Limit £2,500 for transfer of remains to your home if you die in the UK.
Policy Excess £75 or £150 for Trips on a Cruise.
For persons aged 61 to 70 years the excess is increased to £150 or £500 for Trips on a Cruise.
For persons aged 71 to 80 years the excess is increased to £300 or £1,000 for Trips on a Cruise.
See section headed Increased Excess for Pre Existing Medical Conditions for increased excesses applicable to claims arising from pre existing medial conditions.
(b) HOSPITAL BENEFIT up to £300
An additional benefit of £15 per day for each day you spend in hospital abroad as an in-patient.
No Policy Excess.
LEGAL EXPENSES up to £25,000
To enable you to pursue your rights against a third party following injury.
No Policy Excess
PERSONAL LUGGAGE, MONEY & VALUABLES up to £2,000
Covers accidental loss, theft or damage to your personal luggage subject to a limit of £200 for any one article, pair or set and an overall limit of £200 for valuables such as cameras. Jewellery, furs, etc. Luggage and valuables limited to £1500. Delayed luggage, up to £75.
Policy Excess £75.
Money, travel tickets and travellers cheques are covered up to £500 against accidental loss or theft (cash limit £250).
Policy Excess £75
No cover is provided for loss or theft of unattended property, valuables or money or for loss or theft not reported to the Police within 24 hours of discovery.
PASSPORT EXPENSES up to £200
If you lose your passport or it is stolen whilst abroad you are covered for additional travel and accommodation costs incurred in obtaining a replacement.
No Policy Excess.
DELAYED DEPARTURE up to £3,000
If your outward or return trip is delayed for more than 12 hours at the final departure point to/from UK due to adverse weather conditions, mechanical breakdown or industrial action, you are entitled to either (a) £20 for the first 12 hours and £10 for each further 12 hours delay up to a maximum of £60, or (b) the cost of the trip (up to £1,500) if you elect to cancel after 12 hours delay on the outward trip from the UK.
Policy Excess £75 (b) only.
MISSED DEPARTURE up to £500
Additional travel and accommodation expenses incurred to enable you to reach your overseas destination if you arrive too late at your final UK outward departure point due to failure of the vehicle in which you are travelling to deliver you to the departure point caused by adverse weather, strike, industrial action, mechanical breakdown or accident to the vehicle.
No Policy Excess.
PERSONAL LIABILITY up to £2,000,000
Covers your legal liability for injury or damage to other people or their property, including legal expenses (subject to the laws of England and Wales).
Policy Excess £250.
MAIN EXCLUSIONS & CONDITIONS
The following represents only the main exclusions. The policy document sets out all of the conditions and exclusions. A copy of the full policy wording is available on request in writing prior to application.
MAIN HEALTH EXCLUSIONS:
Insurers will not pay for claims arising
(1) Where You (or any person upon whose health the Trip depends) have or have had symptoms which are awaiting or receiving investigation, tests, treatment, referral or the results of any of the foregoing, unless We have agreed in writing to cover You
(2) From any terminal illness suffered by You (or any person upon whose health the Trip depends).
(3) From any medical condition for which You (or any person upon whose health the Trip depends) have within 12 months prior to the date of issue of this insurance been diagnosed with a medical condition or have been admitted or undergone a procedure/intervention.
(4) Medical conditions existing prior to the payment of the insurance premium or any consequence thereof in respect of which a Medical Practitioner would advise against travel or that treatment may be required during the duration of the Trip.
OTHER GENERAL EXCLUSIONS
Claims arising from
(1) Winter sports, any hazardous pursuits, any work of a non sedentary nature.
(2) Self inflicted injury or illness, suicide, alcoholism or drug abuse, sexual disease.
(3) War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities or warlike operations, civil war, rebellion, Terrorism, revolution, insurrection, civil commotion, military or usurped power but this exclusion shall not apply to losses under Section 3 - Medical Expenses unless such losses are caused by nuclear, chemical or biological attack, or the disturbances were already taking place at the beginning of any Trip.
(4) Failure or fear of failure or inability of any equipment or any computer program.
(5) Bankruptcy/liquidation of any tour operator, travel agent, airline, transportation company or accommodation supplier.
(6) Travelling to countries or regions where the FCO or WHO has advised against travel.
(7) Your failure to contact the Medical Screening Line where required.
The amount of each claim for which insurers will not pay and for which you are responsible. The excess as noted in the policy summary applies to each and every claim per insured person under each section where an excess applies.
INCREASED EXCESS FOR PRE EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITIONS - not applicable to those that require medical screening as below.
Acceptance of pre existing medical conditions is made by the application of increased excesses in the event of claims arising from the pre existing condition.
If You already suffer from or have a history of any medical condition, the following excess will apply (other than in respect of claims that are specifically excluded)
Under the Cancellation or Curtailment section - double the normal excess.
Under the Medical & Other Expenses section -
For persons aged 60 years or less the excess is increased to £500 or £1,000 on a Cruise.
For persons aged 61 to 80 years the excess is increased to £1,000 or £2,000 on a Cruise.
Please note that we consider a Cruise to be a Trip by sea in a liner calling at a number of ports.
MEDICAL SCREENING (Declaring your health conditions)
If you have a history of any medical condition and are
(i) Travelling outside of Europe, or
(ii) Travelling to Spain, The Balearic`s, The Canaries, or
(iii) Travelling in excess of 31 days,
You must contact Mediscreen to establish whether we can provide cover for each trip.
Telephone Mediscreen on 0344 892 1698
Following screening, you will receive written confirmation of the terms agreed for your trip. In the event that any additional premium is required to cover your conditions, you will be asked to pay Mediscreen direct. You will need to use this form to apply for the main policy using the standard prices overleaf. In the event that you are not accepted for cover having been screened, we may be able to offer you cover under our Single Trip “PREMIER” product. Please ask us for further details or go to our website.
If you are not accepted for cover having been screened, we may be able to offer you an alternative product sourced from one of our range of partner providers.
Below you will find relevant documents for your use in PDF format (if you need to download Adobe`s free reader you can do so here).
Document detailing the full terms and conditions of the cover provided and valid only when issued with a schedule following online purchase.