If you have pre-existing health conditions and would rather not pay an increased premium to cover your conditions, then our Single Trip, Multi Trip, and Single Trip Ski products, all offer cover for existing health conditions at no extra charge.
There is no requirement for you to disclose your health conditions. You will be covered very simply, as long as you do not fall within any of the following Main Health Exclusions:
(1) You have not had symptoms which are awaiting or receiving investigation, tests, treatment, referral or the results of any of the foregoing;
(2) You do not have a terminal illness.
(3) You have not, within the last 12 months, been diagnosed with a medical condition or have been admitted or undergone a procedure/intervention.
(4) Your GP would advise against travel
(5) Medical treatment may be required during the duration of the Trip.
Rather than paying an extra, and sometimes very expensive additional premium to cover pre-existing health conditions (as will happen with most other travel insurances) our customers tell us that they are happier to accept a higher excess if they have to claim for the pre-existing conditions. If a claim is not due to a pre-existing condition, the normal standard excess applies.
For pre-existing illnesses, the following excess applies:
Under the Cancellation or Curtailment section - double the normal excess.
Under the Medical & Other Expenses section -
For persons aged 60 years or less the excess ranges from £500 to a maximum of £1,000 depending on where you are traveling. For persons aged 61 to 90 years, from £1,000 to a maximum of £2,000.
NB: These increased excesses ONLY apply to pre-existing illnesses that result in a claim.
If you would rather accept a higher premium than an increased claim excess, use our Single Trip Premier Product, where the maximum excess is only £100.