If you have pre-existing health conditions and would rather not pay an increased premium to cover your conditions, then our Single Trip and Multi Trip products offer cover for existing health conditions at no extra charge if you travelling in Europe (other than Spain and its Islands).
There is no requirement for you to disclose your health conditions unless you are travelling to Spain or anywhere outside of Europe. You will be covered very simply, as long as none of the following Main Health Exclusions apply to you:
(1) You have not had symptoms which are awaiting or receiving investigation, tests, treatment, referral or the results of any of the foregoing;
(2) You do not have a terminal illness.
(3) You have not, within the last 12 months, been diagnosed with a medical condition or have been admitted or undergone a procedure/intervention.
(4) Your GP would advise against travel
(5) Medical treatment may be required during the duration of the Trip.
Rather than paying an additional premium to cover pre-existing health conditions (as will happen with most other travel insurances) our customers tell us that they are happier to accept a higher excess if they have to claim for the pre-existing conditions. If a claim is not due to a pre-existing condition, the normal standard excess applies.